Ellen Tise – LIASA Leadership Grant
LIASA has pleasure in announcing the second year of awarding the Ellen Tise – LIASA Leadership Grant. This grant will be awarded in honour of Ellen Tise during her term of office as President of IFLA.
LIASA is proud of Ellen Tise's leadership and want to give a young aspiring leader an opportunity to attend IFLA and learn from this great role model. This grant is awarded in support of Ellen's IFLA presidency as well as acknowledgement of her contributions to the LIS sector in South Africa and abroad.
It is with great pleasure that LIASA invites applications from LIS professionals with leadership potential and presently serving on executive committees of LIASA Branches, Interest Groups and Representative Council.
The grant will cover IFLA registration, airfare to and accommodation in Puerto Rico for the duration of the IFLA conference as well as US Visa application fees.
Please complete the online application form or download a form to be faxed to 086 694 7272 or emailed to email@example.com by 31 May 2011. Forms can also be requested from the LIASA National Office.
The successful applicant will be informed by 13 June 2011 to facilitate visa applications.
Terms and Conditions:
· Only paid-up LIASA members in Branch and Interest Group executive committees will be considered.
· Preference will be given to candidates with more than 2 years continuous LIASA membership.
· Applicant must not have registered to attend IFLA 2011 conference already.
· Preference will be given to applicants who have not attended an IFLA conference before.
· Applicant must already be in possession of a valid passport.
· Reports on the conference and subsequent projects identified by the EXCO will have to be submitted to the LIASA President according to dates that will be communicated to the candidate.
· No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants. The selection committee’s decision is final.
Library & Information Association of South Africa P O Box 1598 Pretoria 0001