We are looking for nominations for the Western Cape LIASA Librarian of the Year.
The Branch Librarian of the Year will then go forward to the national competition where the LIASA Librarian of the Year will be named. The Librarian of the Year is a role model for the Library and Information Services community and a person whose contributions make a lasting impact on the sector.
Branch nominations:- the deadline for Western Cape members to submit nominations to the branch is Friday 12th August 2011.
The nominee should:
• Be a paid-up LIASA member for a minimum of 5(five) consecutive years
• Be knowledgeable about the LIS sector and its resources
• Demonstrate high levels of professionalism
• Currently engaged in LIS sector with a minimum of 5 years in the field.
• Must have a recognized LIS qualification.
Important information about the nomination form:
• The nomination form to be completed and signed by the nominator
• A motivation statement, maximum 200 words signed by the nominator
• The motivation must be accompanied by a profile of the nominee which outlines the nominee’s opinion on the following:
o LIASA’s role in the LIS sector and the future role that the nominee believes LIASA should play.
o As the prestigious award winner, what would the projects/issues be that you would like to see addressed in the LIS sector.
The nomination form is attached, and is also available at http://www.liasa.org.za/sites/default/files/notices/loy_2011_nomination_form.pdf
More information is available at http://www.liasa.org.za/node/577
Previous Western Cape Librarians of the Year are Ingrid Thomson (2010), Nohra Moerat (2009), Naomi Haasbroek (2008), Rose Damon (2007) and Fatima Darries (2006).
Completed forms have to be returned to the Branch Secretary, Najma Patel, via email najma.patel at capetown.gov.za or fax 021 438 1945 by Friday 12 August 2011.