The message is sent out as per the AGM decision this morning on 6 August 2008.
Call for nominations for the Branch portfoilios was sent on the 13 of May 2008 and several times since then on both the LIASA Western Cape Distribution List and the LIASAOnline. Most recently a , on 21 July 2008, a message was sent to update members of the nominations results and a call for expression of interest.
By AGM decision, the following was confirmed:
Nazeem Hardy as Chair
Julian Shroeder as Treasurer
Mariè Roux as Newsletter Editor
The following portfolios are therefore still unfilled:
Public Relations Officer
Second Representative to Council
Two additional members
The AGM therefore resolved that a second call for nominations be sent to LIASA Western Membership for the remaining portfolios.
Please find the 2nd call nomination form on the LIASA Website at
Please send the completed nomination form to Nazeem Hardy Fax: 021 400 4076 or E-mail : Naziem.Hardy@capetown.gov.za. Nazeem Hardy can be reached on telephone number at Tel: 021 400 3933
Completed forms to reach Nazeem Hardy by no later than 31 August 2008.
Below is a description of the remaining portfolios.
ADDENDUM TO NOMINATION FORM 2008
The following is a brief description of the duties of the different portfolios on the Branch Executive Committee (BEC) to aid you in your nominations.
* Deputize for Chair when necessary
* Support Chair in all activities
* Assist Chair with strategy and planning for the Branch
* Attend all BEC meetings.
* Member of fundraising committee
* Liaise with sub-branches
* Undertake any other duties specified by the BEC
* Responsible for Constitutional amendments and updates
* Attend all meetings of the Representative Council of LIASA
* Attend all BEC meetings
* Assist the Chair in reporting to and from the Representative Council m eetings
* Undertake tasks as specified by BEC
* Responsible for fundraising sub committee and acts as Chair of this committee
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
* Undertake all liaison and public relations work on behalf of the BEC and the Branch
* Submit a report on the liaison and public relations work at the BEC meetings and Annual General Meeting
* Undertake such tasks as may be assigned to him/her by the BEC
* Draw up Public Relations Strategy for the year in conjunction with the branch business plan including a communication strategy
* Plan, organise and co-ordinate in conjunction with the BEC, Branch functions
* Collect information on the activities in the Western Cape for a display on National Library Week at the annual conference.
* Submit regular written reports to the Western Cape newsletter and to LIASA-IN-TOUCH, including photographic records
* Liaise with the local press regarding professional activities and events within the branch
* Keep minutes of all committee and Annual General Meetings
* Distribute agenda, minutes and reports to BEC prior to meetings
* Make sure all minutes are signed and filed after approval
* Responsible for archiving of all minutes, documentation and reports of BEC
* To remind BEC of deadlines and to receive all reports from BEC, and Interest Groups
* Undertake duties/tasks as may be assigned to him/her by the BEC
* Organise AGM and Elections when necessary
Maintain accurate and up to date membership records of the Branch
Receive and process membership applications and renewals
Deposit membership fees in the national LIASA bank account
Submit a membership report to BEC meetings and the AGM
Undertake such tasks as may be assigned to him/her by the BEC
Update and maintain the Branch Membership database
Additional members may be elected to the BEC at the AGM. Such members attend all meetings,
are assigned tasks by the Chair and BEC, and assist portfolio holders where necessary.
National Elected Officials may also serve ex-officio
It provides an opportunity for young professionals and to prepare them to serve on the BEC