A reminder that the Early Bird Registration for the LIASA Conference closes on Sunday 31 August 2008. Normal fees then apply from 1 - 29 September 2008.
The rates are as follows:-
Early bird registration for members : R3 500
Normal registration for members : R4 000
Online registration for the conference and pre- and post-conference workshops is available at http://www.liasa.org.za ( http://www.liasa.org.za/ )
The LIASA main conference programme is available at:
What you can look forward to :-
* National and international speakers on topics such as the Generation Gap, Advocacy, Branding and Marketing of Libraries, Urban Renewal and Libraries, Open Access and other topics related to the Changing Role of Libraries.
* An opportunity to contribute to the Libraries Transformation Charter under the auspices of the National Council for Library and Information Services (NCLIS) and the Department of Arts and Culture (DAC)
* Parallel sessions run by the Interest Groups which would include their business meetings
* A record-number of exhibitions to visit in the exhibition hall and a chance to chill at the LIASA stand
* Networking opportunities
* An opportunity to attend the Welcome Function at the Artscape Theatre
* An opportunity to attend the formal LIASA Gala Dinner where the 2008 LIASA Librarian of the Year will be announced
* An opportunity to attend the LIASA Olympics - an informal social & dance at the CPUT Sports Hall
* Free LIASA Conference jacket comes with each registration
* An opportunity to register separately for a variety of workshops including Fundraising, Customer Advocacy, Literacy and Reading Programmes, FAIFE HIV/AIDS Training Workshop, Wikis amongst others
* An opportunity to take part in the traditional LIASA Fun Walk/Run
Contact Network SA, the Conference Organisers, for information on accommodation and registration at telephone number 021 683 2114, fax number 086 631 7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.