organisation based in Cape Town, South Africa. It works nationally and in other African countries to promote constructive, creative and co-operative approaches to the resolution of conflict and the reduction of violence. CCR invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following position in its Peace Library:
Key Performance Areas:
* To manage the CCR Peace Library, its website and its online
* To manage a professional library administrative system;
* To promote the CCR Peace Library’s resources and services;
* To conduct research for the Centre;
* To assist with editing;
* To assist in the implementation of an intranet information
* To assist in the implementation of the CCR Communications
* A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Humanities, together with a Post-graduate Diploma in Library & Information Science; or B.Bibl or B.Tech - Library & Information Studies (NQF level 6/7) and/or a specialist Librarian qualification;
* At least 5 years’ experience working in an academic or special library that includes (1) practical experience in library technical services, i.e. acquisitions and cataloguing (2) practical experience in reference work and (3) practical experience with library software programmes (preferably DBTest/WebPublisher);
* Knowledge of AACR2, LCSH, DDC and library website maintenance;
* Computer literacy (MS Office: Windows applications, Internet search engines, content management systems and HTML);
* Proven competency in advanced research and writing skills; and
* Previous working knowledge within a Communications Department will be advantageous.
* Good verbal communication skills in English;
* Exceptional attention to detail;
* Excellent organisational skills; and
* The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested in joining an organisation working to make a difference in peacebuilding across Africa, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, focused environment, please submit a comprehensive CV, as well as a letter of application motivating why you believe you are suitable for the post, to Raygana Davids at firstname.lastname@example.org by
Friday, 2 May 2008.
Human Resources Officer
Centre for Conflict Resolution(CCR)
University of Cape Town